Pilton Bluecoat Academy Ethos Ambassadors 2018-2019
At the start of the school year each class elected someone who they thought would make a great Ethos Ambassador for the school. The following children were selected:
- Josh Ridd and Leila Burbidge - Year 6
- Madison Thomas and Lucas McCartney - Year 5
- Isaac Lewis and Amara Williams - Year 4
- Alex Langmead and Isla Surgeon - Year 3
The Ethos Ambassadors have a very important role within our school. They take part in the following activities:
- Helping to lead worship - lighting the candle, saying some liturgy and/or a prayer
- Being involved in planning school services with Mrs Tewkesbury and Rev Nigel Dilkes.
- Representing the school at local events with a religious theme.
- Deciding on Collective Worship themes, suggesting songs.
- Monitoring the quality of Collective Worship through identifying their favourites and why.
- Deciding on ideas for displays
- Deciding on 'prayer space' activity ideas
- Looking at RE books and finding a piece of work to highlight as being Ethos Ambassador approved.
- Thinking of ways to promote the school ethos and liaising with School Council.
- Attending occasional ethos committee meetings to inform governors on their thoughts.