Learning In Depth
If you really want to challenge yourself while you are off from school see if you can take your project work to another level. Have a think about the following things:
- Find something that is really weird or odd about your topic.
- Find something that is gross or icky about your topic (ex. the bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep)
- Create some really interesting maths linked to your project work.
- Make a list of some really crazy comparisons (ex. a blue whale can weigh as much as 30 elephants):
- Identify something unusual or unique about a person involved with your topic (ex. Shakespeare reportedly invented the word “bubble”)
- Can you create a piece of LID work for each of the subjects you learn about in school?
- With permission from your parents/carers, can you email an expert/somebody famous linked to your project with a view to getting them to send some information back?
- Take a photo of your work and upload it to your Google Classroom.