Why is good school attendance important?
Regular and punctual school attendance is essential to supporting a child to flourish, fulfil their potential and enables them to:
• make and manage friendships
• develop new skills
• have fun
• experience new things in the world around them
• develop awareness and respect of other cultures, religion, ethnicity,
and gender differences
• build confidence and self-esteem
• achieve and thrive with a sense of belonging to their school community
• prioritise their well-being and happiness
• be given the best start in life, enabling the best possible choices in their future
Missing school... missing out!
Don’t let your child be the one to miss out!
“We are only a few minutes late” - Does it matter?
Being late for school reduces learning time and does not prepare your child for their future working lives.
• Arrival 5 minutes late every day = 3 days of learning missed each year
• Arrival 15 minutes late every day = 10 days or 2 weeks of learning each year